The Department of Public Expenditure & Reform has developed procurement arrangements in the areas of ICT, Telecoms, and Data Networking on behalf of non-commercial public sector bodies. In collaboration with a number of cross-sectoral groups, the Department has drawn on expertise across the public sector to leverage volumes and secure benefits from economies of scale.
These arrangements deliver value for money, provide goods and services under public service terms and conditions, and reduce the complexity, cost and time spent on procurement processes.
There are currently three framework agreements in operation. These are listed below and more information and contact details can be found by following the links:
RFT Template Arrangement – Public Tender Exercise
Government Networks (GN) is a private, managed, wide area network (WAN) connecting public service agencies on a data, voice and video capable network. A public tender exercise using a “template rft” must be undertaken by all customers who wish to connect to GN:
Non-commercial public sector bodies that are eligible to use these arrangements include:
- Central Government Departments, Offices and non-commercial organisations which have a formal reporting and legal relationship with these Departments;
- Local Authorities in Ireland;
- The Irish Health Sector;
- Department of Education and associated agencies and organisations, third level institutions, VEC schools, primary and secondary schools;
- Department of Justice and Equality and agencies and organisations which have a formal reporting and legal relationship with the Department;
- Department of Defence agencies and organisations which have a formal reporting and legal relationship with the Department.
No obligation will exist on bodies to purchase any quantity of any products or service under these arrangements.